Mizzou is a global university filled with students, faculty, staff and researchers from all over the world and globe-trotting Tigers who travel abroad from right here in the Show-Me State.
In fall 2012, MU welcomed 2,490 international students from 109 different countries.
- International Student Services
- International Undergraduate Admissions
- International Graduate Admissions
- Intensive English Program
- Student and cultural organizations
- International Student Career Services
- International Teaching Assistant Program
Study and Service Abroad
MU offers more than 300 study-abroad programs. A record 1,283 MU students studied abroad in 2011.
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad blog
- Study Abroad program search
- Financial Aid
- MU Peace Corps Fellows Program
- Alternative Spring Break
Research and Policy
MU has formal agreements with more than 200 universities and government agencies around the world and welcomes an estimated 1,000 international visiting scholars and researchers each year.
- Strategic Plan International Initiatives
- Faculty International Travel Funds
- Undergraduate Research Travel Grants
- Travel scholarships for graduate students
- Engineering International Initiatives
- CAFNR International Programs
- Education International Initiatives
- Truman School of Public Affairs International Partnerships
- Missouri Transatlantic Center
- Asian Affairs Center
- Cambio Center
Academic programs, workshops, events, volunteer opportunities and outreach programs provide countless opportunities to get involved with our global campus.
- Get Involved
- Faculty Development
- International Studies
- Friendship and support programs
- Mizzou Diversity
- Confucius Institute
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- Russian and German Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
Mizzou’s International Top 10
- MU welcomes more than 2,000 international students and 700 international scholars each year from more than 100 countries.
- International students make up about 20 percent of Mizzou graduate-student enrollment and nearly 6 percent of MU’s total student population.
- More than half of MU’s international students hail from China, India and South Korea.
- MU has more than 200 linkages with educational, corporate, foundation and government partners in more than 45 countries.
- MU’s international students pumped $52.4 million into the economy in 2011-12.
- MU is one of only 58 U.S. campuses to send more than 1,000 students abroad annually. MU sends more students abroad than any other college or university in Missouri.
- MU welcomes more than 120 internationally focused educational, cultural and business delegations as well as foreign and diplomatic delegations each year.
- MU is a $2.1 billion enterprise that accounts for 70 percent of the research dollars flowing to Missouri public universities, generating new knowledge and jobs to power state, national and international economies.
- MU has active alumni in more than 130 countries on six continents.
- MU operates the national award-winning Global Scholars Program, which was launched by MU’s Council on International Initiatives in 1998. More than 200 faculty across MU have participated in the summer seminars.
- April 22-23
Undergraduate Research & Creative Achievements Forum
- April 23
Spring General Faculty Meeting
- April 24