Mizzou is a global university filled with students, faculty, staff and researchers from all over the world and globe-trotting Tigers who travel abroad from right here in the Show-Me State.
In fall 2015, MU welcomed 2,990 international students from 110 different countries.
- International Student Services
- International Undergraduate Admissions
- International Graduate Admissions
- Center for English Language Learning (formerly Intensive English Program)
- Student and cultural organizations
- International Teaching Assistant Program
Study and Service Abroad
MU offers more than 250 study-abroad programs. A record 1,244 MU students studied abroad in 2013-14.
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad blog
- Study Abroad program search
- Financial Aid
- MU Peace Corps Fellows Program
- Alternative Spring Break
- Global Service-Learning
- College of Education Intercultural Initiatives
- Nutrition & Exercise Physiology
Research and Policy
MU has formal agreements with more than 200 universities and government agencies around the world and welcomes an estimated 1,000 international visiting scholars and researchers each year.
- Mizzou 2020
- Faculty International Travel Funds
- Undergraduate Research Travel Grants
- Travel scholarships for graduate students
- Engineering International Initiatives
- CAFNR International Programs
- Education International Initiatives
- Truman School of Public Affairs International Partnerships
- Missouri Transatlantic Center
- Asian Affairs Center
- Cambio Center
Academic programs, workshops, events, volunteer opportunities and outreach programs provide countless opportunities to get involved with our global campus.
- Get Involved
- Faculty Development
- International Studies
- Friendship and support programs
- Mizzou Diversity
- Confucius Institute
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- Russian and German Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
Mizzou International Facts
- MU welcomes nearly 3,000 international students and more than 800 international scholars each year from more than 100 countries.
- International students make up about 21 percent of Mizzou graduate-student enrollment and nearly 7 percent of MU’s total student population.
- More than half of MU’s international students hail from China, India and South Korea.
- MU has more than 200 linkages with educational, corporate, foundation and government partners in more than 45 countries.
- MU’s international students pumped $72.2 million into the economy in 2014-15.
- Nearly 20 percent of MU undergraduates study abroad during their academic careers, compared to an estimated 10 percent nationwide.
- Since 1998, 54 MU faculty members have been named Fulbright Scholars.
- MU has active alumni in more than 130 countries on six continents.
- MU operates the national award-winning Global Scholars Program, which was launched by MU’s Council on International Initiatives in 1998. More than 260 faculty across MU have participated in the summer seminars.