Mizzou is a global university filled with students, faculty, staff and researchers from all over the world and globe-trotting Tigers who travel abroad from right here in the Show-Me State.
In fall 2018, MU welcomed 2,247 international students from 107 different countries.
- International Student Services
- International Undergraduate Admissions
- International Graduate Admissions
- Center for English Language Learning
- Student and cultural organizations
- International Teaching Assistant Program
Study and Service Abroad
MU offers more than 250 study-abroad programs. In 2016-17, 1,551 MU students studied abroad.
- Study Abroad
- Study Abroad blog
- Study Abroad program search
- Financial Aid
- Human Environmental Sciences
- MU Peace Corps Office
- Alternative Breaks
- Global Service-Learning
Research and Policy
MU has formal agreements with more than 200 universities and government agencies around the world and welcomes nearly 900 international visiting scholars and researchers each year.
- Undergraduate Research Travel Grants
- Travel scholarships for graduate students
- Engineering International Initiatives
- Missouri Transatlantic Center
- Asian Affairs Center
- Cambio Center
Academic programs, workshops, events, volunteer opportunities and outreach programs provide countless opportunities to get involved with our global campus.
- Get Involved
- Local English language and conversation classes
- International Studies
- Friendship and support programs
- Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
- Confucius Institute
- Romance Languages and Literatures
- Russian and German Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Chinese Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Korean Studies
Mizzou International Facts
- MU welcomes over 2,000 international students and nearly 900 international scholars each year from more than 100 countries.
- International students make up about 20 percent of Mizzou graduate-student enrollment and nearly eight percent of MU’s total student population.
- More than half of MU’s international students hail from China, India and South Korea.
- MU has more than 200 linkages with educational, corporate, foundation and government partners in more than 45 countries.
- An estimated 23 percent of MU undergraduates study abroad during their academic careers, compared to an estimated 10 percent nationwide.
- Since 1998, 64 MU faculty members have been named Fulbright Scholars.
- MU has active alumni in more than 130 countries on six continents.